Calling all adults! Participate in our Little Art Show and share your talent. Stop by to register, discuss details, and pick up supplies in person on Wednesday, April 5, 3-8 pm, while supplies last.
Display your artistic talents in our Little Art Show! So many talented people live in our community. We would love to showcase your talent in our Little Art Show at the following locations: Ellet, Firestone Park, Goodyear, Green, Highland Square, Kenmore, Maple Valley, Mogadore, Nordonia Hills, Northwest Akron, Norton, Odom Boulevard, Portage Lakes, and Richfield.
If you are unable to attend the in-person registration supply pickup event, call the Odom Branch at 330.434-8726 to register and reserve your supplies while they last through April 19. You will receive a 3" x 3" canvas, paints, and a brush, plus some prompts for creative inspiration related to our theme, “Spring Flowers.” Supplies are limited to 40 registrants per branch.
Details for submission:
1. Participants must be 18 or older.
2. Create a piece of art using the supplies provided. You may also use supplies you have at home but you must use the 3" x 3" canvas.
3. Do not use any canvas except for the one provided.
4. Do not frame your canvas.
5. Please use the theme "spring flowers" for your subject matter. Please keep your paintings family-friendly.
6. Please note the correct orientation of the art by placing an arrow on the back of your canvas, noting the side that should be pointing up.
7. Return finished artwork by May 3, close of business. Return your art to the branch location where you picked up your supplies.
8. Art will be displayed at each branch from May 3-31. If you wish to keep your artwork, please pick it up by Saturday, June 10, 2023.
9. By submitting your art, you are giving permission to Akron-Summit County Public Library to display, photograph, and promote it.
10. One set of supplies per person; You may only participate at one location.
Participants who submit their art for the exhibit will be entered into a prize drawing (one at each participating branch location). Drawings will occur by June 2.
Check out these books for some tiny inspiration!
Painting Nature in Watercolor with Cathy Johnson
The library reserves the right not to display paintings that could be considered offensive or inappropriate.
AGE GROUP: | Adults |
EVENT TYPE: | Community Event | Art & Crafts |
TAGS: | Arts and Crafts | Art & Crafts | Art | Adult Craft | Activities for Adults |
|Mon, Jun 05||10:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Tue, Jun 06||10:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Wed, Jun 07||10:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Thu, Jun 08||10:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Fri, Jun 09||12:00PM to 6:00PM|
|Sat, Jun 10||10:00AM to 5:00PM|
|Sun, Jun 11||Closed|
Local artist Woodrow Nash created two murals for the Odom Boulevard Branch Library, celebrating the lives and ideas of African-American leaders and pioneers—Martin Luther King, Jr., Frederick Douglass, Malcolm X, Sojourner Truth, Helen Arnold, Ed Davis, Shirla McClain, Martin Chapman, Horace Stewart, and Vernon Odom. Odom Boulevard Branch Library's extensive collection of African-American fiction, non-fiction, gospel music, and more also celebrates the contribution of African-American writers and artists. Additionally, the shelves of the branch contain a large collection of religious and spiritual titles, and the best of contemporary fiction and non-fiction genres.
Odom Boulevard Branch Library is a destination place for the community. Computers and computer classes, WiFi printing, scanning, copying, and faxing are services important to all, including emerging entrepreneurs and returning students. Programming affords customers of all ages an opportunity to learn through exploration in community with others. From exercise for adult wellness to crafting and hands-on exploration of NatureConnect topics and themes for all ages, Odom Boulevard Branch Library is a one-stop spot for the educational and entertainment interests of all of its neighbors. Look for Odom staff out and about in the community—at schools, at community centers, at community organization meetings—visit us at the branch today.